I miss them
When my late grandfather (Tok Aji) and grandmother (Tok Ajah) moved to Subang few years back, I really had a great time as I would always sleep over at their place. I would always jump onto my bicycle and rushed over to their house if Tok Ajah (now called Tok) cooks ikan sambal. I remember each time I would fight for the fish with Tok Aji. At most time, Tok would put aside one for me but it is always fun to "rebut" with late Tok Aji. I remember the trips to Bumiputra Bank (now : CIMB bank) at Wisma Tractors (now : Wisma Consplant) with Tok using the white kancil. I was close with them as I spend most of childhood with them. (before mom took in a maid). I remember the time I would sit with Tok Aji while he writes poems or pantun and he would later ask me to recite them for him. I remember the times I would spend with Tok Aji glacing through the dictionary when he does his daily crosswords. He once said if he ever hits a jackpot with the crossword puzzle, he would buy me a computer. Tok Aji passed away a month after he decided to move back to Alor Star. I never had the chance to see him for the last time. I remembered the day that Tok passed away. I felt strange as I took my shower that morning (6am plus). I never knew that was the sign given by God. A sign saying that Tok Aji is gone. I remembered Aisyah came running to me during the reading program saying Tok is no longer around. So shocked. During the journey back, I remembered Mak Lang cried. Pak Lang was comforting Mak Lang. I sat quietly during the journey. Not a single tear came down. After Tok Aji is laid down in his grave, then only it hit me, Tok Aji is no longer around.
Nowadays Tok Ajah spends most of her time at our place. As she starts to age, Her memories starts to go haywire. Patience is always the key to be with her. At times, I would pity my mom, having to answer to Tok's question each day. Each day, she would tell the same thing over and over again. I miss the old Tok. I miss her cookings. I miss her kuih makmur. I miss her famous ikan sambal. I miss the sambal ikan bilis that Tok would always cook for my aunty. I miss going out with her to Subang Parade (she has little energy nowadays). I remembered during my unemployment days, I would take her out to carrefour and subang parade daily. We would have lunch together outside. I really missed that. I remembered every morning she would asked "Kak Long nak makan apa arinih?" I missed Tok.
Ya Allah,
Aku memohon pada Mu agar arwah Tok Aji ditempatkan di kalangan orang-orang yang beriman.
Ya Allah,
Aku memohon pada Mu agar dikembalikan ingatan Tok Ajah. Panjangkan umurnya. Berikan kesihatan yang berpanjangan.
No comments:
Post a Comment