Monday, August 31, 2009

"The Prime Minister has called on Malaysians to "repair the bridges and tear down the divisive walls" that exist among the races."

I missed my younger days.
Where colour (races) does not matter. It only matters when it comes to the religious classes. Other than that, races does not matter.

IMG_4142

Where sharing an ice cream with my Chinese/Indian friends was a no hal.
Where we go all out to win games for our class.
The days where we could run freely during the school recess hour playing with each other like nobody's business.
The days where Chinese, Malay and Indian sits together , chatting and laughing with no barriers.

IMG_4144

Since when did colours (races) matter? Since when the bridges collapsed? Who built the divisive walls?
The education system has always been and still (i do hope so) promotes unity among races.
Unity was among the key promises the leaders make when they seek for Merdeka from the British.

Lets all of us define ourselves as Malaysian.
Who am I? I am Malaysian.

Selamat Ulangtahun Kemerdekaan yang ke 52, Malaysia.

No comments: