Friday, January 14, 2011

I am not a doctor.
I am doing this writing based on my opinions.
Please correct me I am wrong at certain point.

I am so used to hearing "It is in the genes .. It is hereditary .. etc etc .. and nothing can be done"
And somehow, seriously I don't like it at all. Especially once you add in the point saying nothing can be done.

If you are diagnosed with a cholesterol problem and apparently it runs in the family, you would just accept it?
The same goes with diabetes, the big C, asthma and lots more gene related diseases.

Prevention people.
If you know diabetes runs in your family, take precaution.
If you know cholesterol loves your family, take precaution.

And if you are down with one of the diseases. Stop blaming the genes.
Take action. Take control of your life. Never let the disease control your life.

There are chances that my diabetes is hereditary. Probably it runs in the genes.
But, I took charge of mine.
I am proud to say that my HbA1c is now at 5.3 5.8 .. when I was first diagnosed it was at 10 13++.
I am proud to say that my medication has been cut to half. The minimal dosage.
This comes after years of sacrificing and lots of effort.

So please people, stop blaming everything on the genes.
Take control.

No comments: