It has been a super long time since I last went back to Alor Setar. I can't remember the last time I visited arwah Tok Aji's grave. Yup that long.
Went back there on Saturday (adhoc plan) because mom and Cu wants to visit their aunt (my grandaunt) who is in coma. The plan was to go to the hospital then visit mom's friend who is also unwell then drive to Penang. But we end up sleeping at Lorong Menteri 2.
I remember those days when I used to accompany Tok Ajah back to Alor Setar after SPM. Till now, I have this uneasy feeling to use the bathroom at the end of the house (Tok Ajah used to wait for me outside of the bathroom each time I shower ..) .. There used to be a queen size bed in in Tok's room in which I would sleep alongside Tok.
Memories memories.
Then I saw arwah Tok Aji's photo .. and I missed him. Being the second eldest cucu, my childhood days was with him and Tok Ajah. He loves crossword puzzle and he never fails to join the ones by Berita Harian. During lunch if Tok Ajah cooks ikan sambal tumis - we would sort of berebut isi ikan ..
I love the when I get to sit next to Tok Aji and he would tell stories during the Japan invasion.
Al-Fatihah for arwah Dato Haji Wan Omar. The only grandfather that I had the chance to grow up with.


No comments:
Post a Comment