Hi all (not sure if there is actually anyone reading this)
December 2010 has been a colourful month for me and hoping this would lead to a great start in 2011
a) Parents came back home from their Haj
b) Adesh (a dear friend of mine from workplace) got hitched to her beau, Donat
c) Family gathering upon parent's arrival
d) Finally decided to do what I love and it would start in January 2011
e) Went back to Penang for some quality awesome fun time with friends from office (of course the food = awesomeness)
Finally, this is what I wrote on my FB yesterday ![]()
my earlier status - lab result came back .. passed with flying colours :) .. Dr.H cut down dosage to half .. wohoo .. Alhamdullilah .. a good start for 2011
It has been a long and tiring journey when i decided that it shall not control my life, i shall be the one who controls it ..
It has been 6 years since it first knock on my front door ..
The first 2 years was the worst (lots of adjustment needed .. had to leave lots of things out of my life or at least minimizing them .. lots of reading etc etc) ..
It has been a long 4 years of journey at the gym .. in order to get healthier fitter
And upon seeing the charts at the clinic today, all i could do was smile
Alhamdullilah :) .. everything paid off (gym hours, waking up early for jogs by the lake, controlling all food intake .. )now I longed for that not sugar free coke .. at least a can :) I had my share of Barbican last night and a mug of fresh orange .. I think that should cover my thirst for sweet drinks
So people out there with Diabetes, fear not. Seriously.
Change is all you need to do.
I changed mine. From the girls who loves coke, fast food and hated exercise - Now gym is like a second home. Fast food is no longer a must. Coke? Change it to Diet Coke OR Coke Zero
Take your medications and always attend your clinic appointments .. there are no short cuts (supplements like those herbal things are not long term solutions, trust me .. I've seen my own relatives who opted for alternative medicines and they are no where with their diabetic management).
Life has been great for me. You could have a quality life too.
Want to make a change but dont know how? Dont have a buddy to talk to? Buzz me up or send me an email at syu_hidayah@yahoo.com and I would do my best to help each and everyone of you.
Pesanan ringkas saya :
Jangan takut makan ubat. Jangan dengar cakap orang-orang yang bukan doktor yang kata makan ubat nanti lagi teruk dan macam-macam lagi.Tahu tak yang diabetes nih punca pada masalah-masalah lain? Jantung? Buah Pinggang? Tekanan darah? Nak ke? Kalau nak teruskan lah dengan usaha anda yang tidak mahu jumpa doktor dan buat endah tak endah dengan kesihatan anda.
No comments:
Post a Comment